A beautiful smile brings so many benefits. When you’re proud of your teeth, you will probably smile more, which makes people feel more comfortable around you and gives you more confidence. For these reasons, many patients with crooked, crowded or stained teeth come see our top cosmetic dentists in Atlanta. Two of our most popular cosmetic dentistry services that address these problems are veneers and Invisalign® clear braces.
Making the Choice
To decide between veneers or Invisalign® you need to consider several factors.
- Extent of problems: If you have crooked or uneven teeth in several areas of your mouth, or if current crowding is likely to lead to problems in other areas of your mouth, then you’re probably better off using Invisalign® trays to permanently correct those problems.
- Time investment: On the other hand, veneers are a much more immediate solution. Whereas veneers can give you a completely new smile in a matter of days, most of our Invisalign® patients wear their trays between 1 and 2 years before their teeth are in correct alignment.
- Cost: The overall cost of your dental restoration will vary depending on the extent of the problems, as discussed above. Veneers generally cost about $900 to $2,200 per tooth, whereas the entire Invisalign® process usually ranges from $3,600 to about $6,000. Depending on how many veneers you would need to cover your smile imperfections, Invisalign® might be a more cost-effective option.
Whiten While You Straighten
While veneers give you an almost-instantly whiter smile, did you know that you can also whiten your teeth while you straighten them with a gel inserted into your Invisalign® alignment tray? If you and your cosmetic dentist decide that Invisalign® is the appropriate option, be sure to ask about tooth-whitening options.
Top Atlanta Cosmetic Dentists
At Atlanta Dental Spa, veneers and Invisalign® are two of our most common cosmetic dentistry services, and our team has mastered these techniques. Schedule your consultation today and get on the road to a more beautiful smile!
Buckhead residents looking to create a radiant smile now have Atlanta’s top cosmetic dentists in their backyard! Dr. Peter Boulden and Dr. Susan Estep are bringing their meticulous veneers process to Buckhead with their new office opening in May.
Veneers are a popular way to make your smile whiter and more symmetrical. Buckhead residents considering this cosmetic dentistry option are in good hands with the dentists who won “Best in Show” and “1st Place for Smile Makeovers” in the Academy of Comprehensive Esthetics 2010 International Smile Gallery Competition.
Benefits of Veneers
Porcelain veneers have been used for decades to improve smiles, for a number of reasons:
- Natural-looking: Porcelain closely replicates human enamel because it has the same translucency, which means that light can enter and be reflected back out. Because of the skill required to match the porcelain to the surrounding teeth, only a master ceramist is qualified to create porcelain veneers.
- Strong: Generally made of lithium disilicate glass, porcelain is the strongest dental material available, other than metal. (However, it’s a myth that porcelain is stronger than enamel; any activity that would chip your natural teeth would also break enamel.)
- Long-lasting: With a life of 20 years or longer, porcelain veneers are one of the most durable ways to enhance your smile. Their durability is due in part to the chemical bonding process used to adhere these thin shells of porcelain to your teeth.
One of the potential downsides of traditional veneers is that they usually require some reduction of the underlying tooth, so that your smile doesn’t become overly bulky. However, newer technology has led to the creation of ultra-thin veneers that require no or minimal preparation of the teeth.
In addition to prepless veneers brands such as Lumineers, Buckhead cosmetic dentists Drs. Boulden and Estep have developed a special veneers option called UltraVeneers.
The benefits of no-prep or minimal prep veneers include:
- Minimally invasive: Typically, the dentist only needs to contour the teeth slightly, and usually no anesthetic is necessary.
- Cost: No-prep veneers typically are a less expensive option than traditional veneers or other cosmetic dental procedures.
- Turnaround: Most patients can have their no-prep veneers placed within 72 hours.
Buckhead residents have many options for perfecting their smiles, and cosmetic dentists Drs. Boulden and Estep would be happy to offer a complimentary smile consultation to determine whether veneers are right for you.
If you’re searching for a Buckhead dentist who will give you a radiant smile, look no further than Atlanta Dental Spa, a full-service practice that specializes in cosmetic dentistry.
And now, top cosmetic dentists Drs. Estep and Boulden have expanded to a second Atlanta location, right in the heart of Buckhead.
Atlanta Dental Spa offers a variety of cosmetic dentistry solutions for creating your perfect smile:
- Veneers, including no-prep and minimal-prep veneers
- Teeth whitening
- Invisalign® braces
- Laser gum lift
- Tooth bonding
- Snap-on smiles
- Full-mouth rehabilitation
Quality Cosmetic Dentistry in Buckhead
With more than a decade serving Atlanta’s cosmetic dentistry needs, Drs. Estep and Boulden are bringing their high-quality cosmetic dentistry to Buckhead.
- Both Dr. Boulden and Dr. Estep are honored to be Fellows of the Academy of Comprehensive Esthetics (ACE), an elite group with only three Fellows in the state of Georgia.
- Dr. Boulden serves on the ACE Advisory Board and is a founding board member of the American Academy of Oral Systemic Health.
- For five consecutive years, Dr. Estep was voted one of America’s Top Cosmetic Dentists.
- Drs. Estep and Boulden have been voted among Atlanta Magazine’s Top Dentists every year since the competition began.
Specializing in the latest procedures
As you’re searching for a cosmetic dentist, no doubt you want a specialist who is current with the latest developments in dentistry.
- Drs. Boulden and Estep stay at the top of their field through continued research and education in an effort to provide the most cost-effective and long-lasting solutions to their patients’ needs.
- They embrace the latest in dental technology and have been involved in the development of many of the best practices used today in cosmetic dentistry, such as no-prep veneers.
The Focus Is You
Drs. Estep and Boulden believe dentistry should be as painless as possible, and that your needs and wants come first.
In addition to creating this website to answer your questions about family and cosmetic dentistry, our dentists truly know how to communicate with patients by speaking in everyday language – not dental jargon.
That’s just one part of the difference you’ll experience in our Buckhead dental practice, where patients are welcomed by the sound of waterfalls and enjoy Bose® noise-cancelling headphones and Tempurpedic® chairs during their procedures.
If you’re looking for a cosmetic dentist in Buckhead, don’t trust your smile to anyone else. Call Atlanta Dental Spa today for your complimentary consultation.
If your smile isn’t what you want it to be, then high quality porcelain veneers or Lumineers could be the perfect option for you. However, many people do not consider these options, because they assume financing is not available for porcelain veneers. If you have always wanted veneers to create that brilliant, priceless smile (but didn’t think you could afford them) we have the solution for you!
At Atlanta Dental Spa, we want to make sure that each person who wants the best veneers in Atlanta has the chance to make their wish come true! We offer a variety of veneers financing solutions, and with our flexible payment options we will help you get the beautiful smile you have always wanted.
Porcelain veneers financing from Atlanta Dental Spa
- We offer many payment solutions to fit your needs. Two payment options that are quite popular with many of our patients are Springstone Financial and CareCredit.
- These are two of the leading companies in health care credit, and they offer credit cards to individuals looking to pay for their healthcare needs. Using one of these financial institutions can make affording your dental care from Atlanta Dental Spa a reality.
- In addition to the options above, we also accept all major credit cards. Whether you want to use American Express, Discover, Visa, or MasterCard, we have got you covered. This essentially gives you the option of paying for your veneers procedure over a period of time that is right for you.
- We will also work with your insurance company to receive maximum insurance benefits, if applicable. While we are not listed as providers on any insurance providers lists, it may be possible to get reimbursement from your insurance provider for certain cosmetic dentistry procedures.
- Of course if you prefer, we do accept cash payments, as well as personal checks.
- Here at Atlanta Dental Spa, we institutionalize a fee-for-service system on all veneer work. This means that patients must pay for veneers on the same day as you begin the process. As you know, all insurance policies are different and many have stipulations on dental coverage.
- Therefore, we must make an educated guess as to how much your insurance may cover. While we cannot predict this, we make close approximations based on past patient experiences.
- However, we can assure you that your veneers procedure will not start without your full understanding of the costs involved.
- The cost of high quality porcelain veneers can scare some people; however, it is important to note that with our porcelain veneers financing options, we take away the scary part of the process!
If you would like to finance your veneers, take advantage of our wide array of financing options by calling our top Atlanta dentists today at 470-237-4504 to schedule your consultation!
If you are searching for Invisalign specialists in Atlanta, you have come to the right place!
Dr. Boulden and Dr. Estep completed training with the Aligntech Institute so they can offer patients the Invisalign clear braces. They learned specific clinical competencies to enhance the effects of the Invisalign procedure. In addition, they are skillfully trained to not only identify the most ideal patients who will prosper from Invisalign, but to create your dream smile!
Invisalign: The perfect solution
- Simply put, Invisalign braces are the perfect solution to obtain straight teeth. The way Invisalign® clear braces work is fairly simple to understand.
- Our dentists will use high-tech 3-D computer imaging technology to create your treatment plan. Then the lab creates a series of customized aligners for you, which are constructed using a medical-grade polymer (plastic).
- We will also show you pictures of your future smile with straight teeth before the procedure begins!
- The clear braces treatment has been proven countless times to straighten our patient’s teeth. The aligners must be worn for 1-2 years, changing them on a bi-weekly basis. During this time you will observe your teeth getting straighter and straighter as time flies by!
Advantages of Invisalign
- Instead of traditional braces, Invisalign has many advantages for you. The clear braces can be removed to tend to your normal activities—eating, flossing, brushing your teeth.
- In addition, no more sacrificing certain types of foods (peanuts, popcorn, and more), and no more negative consequences (pain, mouth blisters), as you would experience with traditional braces!
- Throughout your Invisalign treatment, Dr. Boulden and Dr. Estep recommend scheduling in-office appointments with us approximately every six weeks to track your progress.
If you have uneven and crooked teeth, come see us to determine if Invisalign is right for you. Our Atlanta Invisalign specialists will help you create the flawless smile you desire!
Going to the dentist shouldn’t be a stressful experience. Two of Atlanta’s highest-rated dentists, Dr. Susan Estep and Dr. Peter Boulden believe in taking the fear out of dentistry. Both doctors have been recognized by their patients and their peers for their expertise, as well as for their patient-focused approach to dentistry.
Top rated dentists
- As Fellows of the Academy of Comprehensive Esthetics (ACE), both Dr. Boulden and Dr. Estep are honored to be among an elite group of the most renowned cosmetic dentists in the world. (Only three ACE Fellows call the state of Georgia home.)
- Dr. Boulden also serves on the ACE Advisory Board and is a founding board member of the American Academy of Oral Systemic Health.
- Drs. Boulden and Estep stay at the top of their field through continuing education and research, so that their patients can rest assured they are receiving only the best care possible
- The Atlanta Dental Spa doctors also understand the link between bleeding gums and systemic illness and are leading the way to bridge the gap between physicians and dentists on this matter.
Drs. Estep and Boulden have been voted among Atlanta Magazine’s Top Dentists every year since the competition began.
Other honors include:
- For five consecutive years, Dr. Estep was voted as one of America’s Top Cosmetic Dentists.
- Dr. Boulden received “Best of Show” and “1st Place for Smile Makeovers” in the Academy of Comprehensive Esthetics 2010 International Smile Gallery Competition
- Dr. Estep has been recognized in Who’s Who of America’s Leading Female Professionals for nearly a decade.
- Dr. Boulden is a six-time award winner for excellence in smile designs and cosmetic dentistry from the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry
Drs. Boulden and Estep believe that being among Atlanta’s top dentists carries a responsibility to give back to the community. That’s why the doctors participate in the Give Back a Smile Program for domestically abused victims who are in the need of dental care.
Find out for yourself why the doctors of Atlanta Dental Spa are among Atlanta’s highest-rated dentists. Call or stop by today for a free consultation about your cosmetic dentistry questions or overall oral health.
At Atlanta Dental Spa, we’re more than cosmetic dentists. We’re also respected family dentists in Atlanta, performing routine cleanings, crowns, fillings and implants, in addition to veneers, Lumineers and other cosmetic dentistry procedures.
Our doctors enjoy the long-lasting relationships they build with patients and their families. We want to treat all your dental needs, from a 2-year-old’s first checkup to regular cleanings, fillings and oral cancer screenings.
- We know that protecting your family’s health and wellness is what is most important to you, and regular visits to the dentist are a key part of that health regimen.
- For many patients, we recommend three cleanings per year. This recommendation is based on the fact that it takes only about three months for bacteria to establish a colony in your mouth. By the fourth month, they are producing the toxins that attack your enamel and gums.
- By doing three cleanings a year, we are able to interrupt this cycle and detect or even reverse decay.
- Because we know that you will likely need to pay for the third cleaning out of pocket (as well as any cosmetic procedures needed), we offer convenient dental financing options.
Oral cancer screenings
- During every cleaning, our doctors and hygienists are doing a visual oral cancer screening. Because the risk factors for oral cancer now include tobacco, alcohol, and/or exposure to the HPV virus, nearly every adult in the US is at risk for developing oral cancer.
- Atlanta Dental Spa also recommends an additional oral cancer screening (ViziLite or VELscope) once per year. These screenings have the ability to detect early stages of oral cancer before a lesion is visible.
Like a day at the spa
Family life can be hectic. Isn’t it nice to be pampered now and then? Most people don’t expect a visit to their family dentist to be the highlight of their day, but for our patients, it actually is. From the soothing waterfalls in our lobby to the ergonomic patient chairs and Bose noise-canceling headphones, we are changing how people feel about going to the dentist.
Trust your family’s dental care to the experienced, gentle dentists and courteous staff at Atlanta Dental Spa. We want to be your Atlanta family dentists!
8 upper porcelain veneers by Atlanta Dental Spa
Veneers are, without a doubt, modern dentistry’s best way to replicate nature. That is always the goal of cosmetic dentistry- to replicate nature, not try to improve upon it.
Porcelain veneers are NOT the only option for changing one’s smile but are commonly used when a patient wants to gain a lot of control of their smile (change color, size, shape, etc).
The advantages (pros) to porcelain veneers are:
- Aesthetics: Porcelain is our most ‘natural’ looking enamel replacement material because it replicates a lot of the same properties as enamel. For example, enamel has a property called translucency (where light can enter and be reflected back out). Porcelain has that same characteristic and can be varied by the master ceramist to blend with the surrounding teeth.
- Strength: Besides using metal in your mouth, porcelain systems today are the strongest materials we have. Most ceramics used today are actually a lithium disilicate glass (again, very strong).
- Durability: Porcelain veneers are bonded to the underlying tooth structure. Because of this fact, their is a chemical adhesion to the tooth and the veneer on a microscopic level. Done correctly and precisely, this bonded procedure can last upwards of 2o years.
- Lack of staining: Unlike bonding or natural teeth, porcelain veneers do not really stain because of the material it is composed of (essentially a glass ceramic). Additionally, porcelain veneers are glazed in an oven as the final process in their fabrication so this prevents (or minimizes) staining.
Nothing in dentistry is PERFECT though. There are some cons associated with porcelain veneers:
- Cost: Porcelain veneers are expensive. Veneers range in quality across the board, just like most products we buy. For example, just like in automobiles, you may want to buy a sub-compact car or a high-end luxury sedan.
- Porcelain veneers are typically no different in that you get what you pay for. The price they can range from is $700 – $2000 per tooth. This doesn’t mean that you can’t get quality at $700 nor does it guarantee a $2000 veneer is going to be perfect. This is why it is VITAL to look at the “before and after” results of the dentist your are electing to perform the procedure to make sure they’re qualified to meet your expectations.
- Invasive: Porcelain veneers are typically more invasive to the enamel than, for example, tooth bonding would be. Even at a minimal thickness of 0.3mm, without a little tooth reduction, the tooth could appear bulky (which in our opinion is a DEAD GIVEAWAY that they’re ‘fake’). There are situations, though, that the tooth does not require any reduction (i.e. drilling).
- These are called No-prep veneers like Ultraveneers, Lumineers, and Durathins. At Atlanta Dental Spa, we pride ourselves on being very conservative cosmetic dentists. This means that we take great strides to do minimal tooth reduction to achieve MAXIMAL aesthetic results.
- Not stronger than enamel: It’s a myth that porcelain is good for people who have chipped or broken their teeth through grinding (or chewing ice, etc). Porcelain is NOT stronger than enamel. So basically anything that could chip or break a natural tooth, will surely do the same to porcelain. In many instances, we mandate a nightguard in our cases to ensure protection on your investment.
Porcelain veneers can be a great investment, if they are the right option for you. Visit our cosmetic dentistry practice in Atlanta to schedule your free consultation, and find out if porcelain veneers are right for you!