While cosmetic dentistry is our passion, Atlanta Dental Spa offers the complete range of general dentistry services. And with the opening of our new location, we are the Buckhead dentists you’ve been looking for!
In addition to regular teeth cleanings, following are two of the general dentistry services we often recommend to our Buckhead patients.
- When you’ve lost a tooth or need a tooth extraction, one of your best options today for replacing that tooth is a natural-looking dental implant.
- It is important to replace lost teeth, even if they are in the back of the mouth, to maintain the stability and alignment of the rest of your teeth.
- Dental implants consist of a titanium screw that replaces the root of the tooth, as well as a porcelain crown that replaces the missing tooth and an abutment that connects the screw and the crown. Replacing the root helps ensure that the bone remains healthy and strong, and implants do not require any drilling on the healthy adjacent teeth.
- The primary drawback to implants is the amount of time required – usually 4 to 8 months from start to finish. It is also important that the dentist carefully match the crown to the natural teeth, so Buckhead dentistry patients who need to have a tooth replaced should carefully screen their dentist prior to having work done.
Oral DNA Testing
- Do you know about the body-mouth connection? The bacteria in your mouth has been connected to heart disease, diabetes, lung disease, cancer and a range of other diseases. Given this critical link between your body and mouth health, it pays to be vigilant.
- In addition to regular cleanings, we also conduct oral DNA testing for many of our patients. Our Buckhead dentists offer two tests to help prevent gum disease.
- MyPerioID determines if you have a genetic predisposition to develop periodontal disease. MyPerioPath is a test to discover whether the bacteria that cause gingivitis and periodontal disease are present in your mouth. Depending on the results of these tests, we customize an oral hygiene plan to prevent or slow the progression of the disease.
- In some cases, a mouth sore alerts us to the possible presence of the Human papillomavirus (HPV), a mucosal viral infection that could potentially lead to oral cancer. But since early oral HPV infections do not typically cause any clinical signs, it is important to be proactive. The OraRisk® HPV test is a non-invasive screening tool to identify the presence of oral HPV.
If you’re looking for a new dentist, we hope you’ll stop by our new dental office for a complimentary consultation. We’d love to become your Buckhead dentists!