January 31st, 2013 by peterboulden
If you live in Atlanta, veneers just might be your ticket to increased self confidence and satisfaction with your appearance. Veneers are one of the most effective and easiest ways to completely transform your smile, and there are several options available when it comes to choosing which type is right for you. The experts at Atlanta Dental Spa believe that there’s no “one-size-fits-all” type of veneers and that dental solutions should be determined on a case-by-case basis. Below are descriptions of the different types of no prep veneers available at Atlanta Dental Spa.
- UltraVeneers are actually the invention of Dr. Peter Boulden and Dr. Susan Estep themselves and are offered exclusively at Atlanta Dental Spa. UltraVeneers are state of the art prepless veneers crafted by a master ceramist. Only 0.2-0.3 mm thick, UltraVeneers are thinner than most types of no prep veneers, minimizing bulkiness and creating a natural look.
- Lumineers are a great option for someone looking for a pain-free, non-invasive form of veneers. They’re made from Cerinate, a porcelain used to fix broken or cracked teeth. Lumineers are a faster alternative and do not require drilling or other invasive measures. Lumineers also tend to be about 25% less expensive than traditional porcelain veneers.
- DURAthin Veneers are good for people who want veneers but do not want to permanently change their natural teeth. DURAthin veneers are like traditional porcelain veneers, except they do not require removing your teeth’s enamel to apply them. They are very thin and simply attach to the front of your teeth.
Almost anyone desiring a beautiful smile is a good candidate for veneers, and each type has its pros and cons. Only a consultation can determine which type is perfect for your smile. If you’re ready to discuss your options for veneers, Atlanta Dental Spa would love to hear from you. Call 770-998-3838 and schedule a free, no-obligation consultation.
February 20th, 2012 by peterboulden
A Bit About Gum SculptingGum sculpting can make a big difference in your smile. A skilled cosmetic dentist can determine the amount of gums you ideally need and can use a laser to remove excess gum tissue. It’s a bit like artistic sculpting. Just like with tooth bonding, the dentist works to improve symmetry, shape, and so on. But the cosmetic dentist doesn’t work on artist, elements alone. He or she needs to sculpt to ensure the ideal look without compromising your oral wellness. The right skill isn’t just about improving the look of the smile; it’s also about leaving enough gum so that you’ll heal rapidly, too.
Does Gum Contouring Hurt?A local numbing agent is generally all that’s needed. The laser doesn’t only trim the excess gum away but it also seals the area so that the gums heal rapidly. Most people experience minimal discomfort as a result of gum contouring. What do contoured gums look like? Here at Atlanta Dental Spa, we do computerized smile imaging to show you the sort of results you could expect from various procedures like a gum lift and other aesthetic dental procedures. Check out our smile gallery for many before and after photos of aesthetic dental procedures and contact us if you’d like to discuss your specific situation.
February 7th, 2012 by peterboulden
Seeing the dentist regularly and practicing good oral care has many benefits. There is a definite connection between the health of the mouth and the health of the rest of the body. Biological dentistry involves many facets of an overall philosophy of wellness in dentistry and here at the Atlanta Dental Spa, we believe in this philosophy. Here are some of the ways we illustrate this:
- Mercury free dentistry
- An eco-friendly atmosphere
- Striving to put the patient’s comfort first, making dentistry as stress free as possible
- Continuous education
- Digital X-Rays
Mercury Free Dentistry
There are definite dangers of amalgam fillings. Here at the Atlanta Dental Spa, we don’t use mercury in our fillings and if you’re one of the many people that has a mouth full of them, talk to us about our ability to carefully remove those fillings and replace them for you.
Eco-Friendly & Patient Friendly
Not only do we do our best to make going to the dentist a stress-free event for patients with our spa-like setting but we also do our best to practice environmentally friendly office practices in our Buckhead and Roswell/Alpharetta offices. We appreciate that so many of our patients see us as a top Atlanta dental office.
X-Rays are important but typical x-rays expose people to radiation. At the Atlanta Dental Spa, we use digital x-rays, which are another illustration of our commitment to holistic health. This imaging method results in 90% less radiation than traditional dental imaging techniques. This is an important area and we have made this investment so we can better serve our patients, minimize their risk, and provide the best service possible.
Our team believes in continuously educating ourselves so that we can thrive in the dental industry and bring the latest techniques and technology to our patients. We continually educate on the latest in general family and cosmetic dentistry areas.
Preventative Oral Health Care
We offer oral DNA testing to help you avoid periodontal disease and tooth decay and oral Cancer screening as well. We believe that the mouth does impact the health and wellness of the whole body and that it has a definite impact on how you feel as well.
Our philosophy includes putting the needs and well-being of you, the patient, first. We hope you’ll consider making an appointment with Atlanta Dental Spa to discuss your oral health care needs. Whether you want teeth cleaning, tooth whitening, need a filling, are interested in cosmetic dentistry, Invisalign teeth straightening, or another area, we’d be happy to discuss your needs and to show you why we are different from many other Atlanta dentists.
February 3rd, 2012 by peterboulden
Atlanta Dental Spa – Cosmetic DenturesThe Atlanta Dental Spa strives to provide an experience that makes it much more pleasant to go to the dentist than people expect. A welcoming office, great staff, televisions on the ceiling, and other personal touches help people with dental anxieties and make it a much more pleasant experience overall. Whether you need help with replacement or new cosmetic dentures or want assistance with another oral health area, contact us for a consultation. We’d be happy to discuss your oral health and wellness needs.
May 25th, 2011 by peterboulden
- Why not get a major smile improvement at the same time you get your broken tooth fixed?
- Veneers are thin laminates of porcelain that are bonded to the tooth structure. They are extremely thin and at the same time extremely strong.
- In addition to fixing your broken teeth, they can improve the color, shape, symmetry and overall appearance of your smile.
Inlays or Onlays
- These porcelain-type fillings are a good option when individual back teeth are broken.
- The tooth-colored inlay/onlay is bonded to your tooth, creating a strong, durable restoration.
- Inlays and onlays are a conservative option, because they do not require removal of healthy tooth.
- White or tooth-colored composite fillings are an excellent option for repairing an otherwise healthy broken tooth.
- Composite bonding is a procedure in which a composite material is placed over your teeth to fill gaps.
- The procedure requires precision and detail. While a correct bonding procedure results in a long-lasting and beautiful tooth restoration, an incorrect bonding can lead to a leak, crack or sensitivity.
- Direct bonding requires little to no tooth reduction, and can be completed in one visit, whereas veneers require a series of visits.
- As with all of their cosmetic dentistry, you will see the craftsmanship of the Atlanta Dental Spa doctors in their precisely formed dental bonds.
- Direct bonding typically does not last as long as veneers do. If the tooth has cracks or fractures or if there are heavy chewing forces on the tooth to be restored, dental bonding may not be the right option.
April 18th, 2011 by peterboulden
Atlanta Dental Spa offers a variety of cosmetic dentistry solutions for creating your perfect smile:
- Veneers, including no-prep and minimal-prep veneers
- Teeth whitening
- Invisalign® braces
- Laser gum lift
- Tooth bonding
- Snap-on smiles
- Full-mouth rehabilitation
Quality Cosmetic Dentistry in BuckheadWith more than a decade serving Atlanta’s cosmetic dentistry needs, Drs. Estep and Boulden are bringing their high-quality cosmetic dentistry to Buckhead.
- Both Dr. Boulden and Dr. Estep are honored to be Fellows of the Academy of Comprehensive Esthetics (ACE), an elite group with only three Fellows in the state of Georgia.
- Dr. Boulden serves on the ACE Advisory Board and is a founding board member of the American Academy of Oral Systemic Health.
- For five consecutive years, Dr. Estep was voted one of America’s Top Cosmetic Dentists.
- Drs. Estep and Boulden have been voted among Atlanta Magazine’s Top Dentists every year since the competition began.
Specializing in the latest proceduresAs you’re searching for a cosmetic dentist, no doubt you want a specialist who is current with the latest developments in dentistry.
- Drs. Boulden and Estep stay at the top of their field through continued research and education in an effort to provide the most cost-effective and long-lasting solutions to their patients’ needs.
- They embrace the latest in dental technology and have been involved in the development of many of the best practices used today in cosmetic dentistry, such as no-prep veneers.
The Focus Is YouDrs. Estep and Boulden believe dentistry should be as painless as possible, and that your needs and wants come first. In addition to creating this website to answer your questions about family and cosmetic dentistry, our dentists truly know how to communicate with patients by speaking in everyday language – not dental jargon. That’s just one part of the difference you’ll experience in our Buckhead dental practice, where patients are welcomed by the sound of waterfalls and enjoy Bose® noise-cancelling headphones and Tempurpedic® chairs during their procedures. If you’re looking for a cosmetic dentist in Buckhead, don’t trust your smile to anyone else. Call Atlanta Dental Spa today for your complimentary consultation.
April 7th, 2011 by peterboulden
Top rated dentists
- As Fellows of the Academy of Comprehensive Esthetics (ACE), both Dr. Boulden and Dr. Estep are honored to be among an elite group of the most renowned cosmetic dentists in the world. (Only three ACE Fellows call the state of Georgia home.)
- Dr. Boulden also serves on the ACE Advisory Board and is a founding board member of the American Academy of Oral Systemic Health.
- Drs. Boulden and Estep stay at the top of their field through continuing education and research, so that their patients can rest assured they are receiving only the best care possible
- The Atlanta Dental Spa doctors also understand the link between bleeding gums and systemic illness and are leading the way to bridge the gap between physicians and dentists on this matter.
Award-WinningDrs. Estep and Boulden have been voted among Atlanta Magazine’s Top Dentists every year since the competition began. Other honors include:
- For five consecutive years, Dr. Estep was voted as one of America’s Top Cosmetic Dentists.
- Dr. Boulden received “Best of Show” and “1st Place for Smile Makeovers” in the Academy of Comprehensive Esthetics 2010 International Smile Gallery Competition
- Dr. Estep has been recognized in Who’s Who of America’s Leading Female Professionals for nearly a decade.
- Dr. Boulden is a six-time award winner for excellence in smile designs and cosmetic dentistry from the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry
Giving BackDrs. Boulden and Estep believe that being among Atlanta’s top dentists carries a responsibility to give back to the community. That’s why the doctors participate in the Give Back a Smile Program for domestically abused victims who are in the need of dental care. Find out for yourself why the doctors of Atlanta Dental Spa are among Atlanta’s highest-rated dentists. Call or stop by today for a free consultation about your cosmetic dentistry questions or overall oral health.
January 15th, 2011 by peterboulden
- To enter the competition, dentists were required to submit raw (un-retouched) before and after photos of their cosmetic dentistry work.
- Each case was judged on several categories, including quality of dentistry, beauty of completed work, as well as natural aesthetics (the ability to create a natural – not fake – result).
- Hundreds of cases were submitted from dentists around the world. In addition to the 3 best awards, Atlanta Dental Spa took home 12 medals. We think, it’s pretty easy to see how Atlanta Dental Spa is the place for the best veneers in Atlanta.
January 5th, 2011 by peterboulden
Small NeedlesAt the Atlanta Dental Spa, we use the smallest needles in the world for the dental procedures we perform. One reason people experience pain at the dentist is because of the big, bulky needles used by most dentists. Simply put, these needles are no longer necessary, and as a result we use much smaller needles to achieve the same results with less pain. Our attention to detail, which is illustrated by the size of our needles, is just one of the reasons that our patients continually call us the best cosmetic dentists in Atlanta.
Quiet DrillingDr. Boulden and Dr. Estep know that drills cause a heightened level of anxiety, which in turns causes increased amounts of pain. Unfortunately most cosmetic dentists do not do much to combat this issue, and as a result their patients’ anxiety leads to increased levels of pain. In the video below, Dr. Boulden actually demonstrates how the quiet drill helps cure our patients fears of the dentist, and also helps create a pain free dentistry environment.
Less invasive proceduresSome of the procedures for creating crowns, veneers, dental implants, etc. have become much less invasive over the years, which is beneficial to our patients. Here at the Atlanta Dental Spa, our patients come first. Hey, there is a reason we have been recognized nationally for our cosmetic dentistry achievements. If you have any questions about our pain free dental procedures, or would like to talk with an Atlanta Dental Spa client personally, please contact us today. We have hundreds of satisfied clients who would be willing to talk about their positive experiences here at the Atlanta Dental Spa.
December 27th, 2010 by peterboulden
- Our waiting room has been designed to put our clients in a relaxing mood before their dental visit. It is fun, modern, airy, and designed to provide you maximum comfort and relaxation! Why choose a dentist with a waiting room from the 1970s? Choose an Atlanta cosmetic dentist who provides luxury!
Luxurious Dental Chairs
- Our dental chairs are engineered to provide comfort, mobility, and relaxation. Many people have a feeling of claustrophobia come over them while sitting in a hygiene chair, but our chairs are designed to minimize this fear.
Clean, Contemporary Restrooms
- Nothing is worse than going to the dentist and finding a small, cramped, and unclean restroom. Our restrooms are modern and super clean. Since our clients are kind enough to give us their business, the least we can do is provide them with top notch amenities.
These are just a few of the amenities that we offer our clients, who have in turn voted us the best Atlanta dentists on numerous occasions. The whole theme of our facility is patient comfort. Dental procedures (and dentists in general) typically have a stereotype of being painful and unpleasant. At the Atlanta Dental Spa we are looking to change the way people view cosmetic dentistry!
Whether you are in need of veneers, teeth whitening, Invisalign, or anything else dentistry related we want to be your Atlanta cosmetic dentist. Please call us today in order to schedule your consultation with Dr. Peter Boulden or Dr. Susan Estep today! We pride ourselves on being the best dentists that Atlanta has to offer!