Dr. Peter Boulden and Dr. Susan Estep are highly experienced Atlanta Invisalign doctors. In fact, they are “preferred providers of Invisalign.” They’ve seen time and time again the beautiful results their patients can achieve by using the Invisalign program, and they are proud to offer the treatment in their Atlanta cosmetic dentistry office.
What is Invisalign?
Invisalign is an orthodontic system used to realign teeth and bites. It is a series of custom-fit, clear trays that are switched out every two weeks to gradually move teeth into their proper places. On average, the treatment takes a little less than a year.
Is Invisalign right for me?
There are countless benefits to having properly aligned teeth; your gums, for example, tend to be healthier when the teeth are not too crowded or too far apart. The only way to tell for sure if Invisalign should be part of your smile makeover is to schedule a consultation with an Invisalign doctor. In general, though, Invisalign is a good option for people with smile imperfections such as:
- Crooked or crowded teeth
- Overbites, underbites, or crossbites
- Gaps or spaces
- Protruding teeth
The benefits of Invisalign
- Invisalign is discreet. The braces are virtually invisible, so it won’t be obvious to the world that you are in the process of straightening your teeth.
- Invisalign is much more attractive than traditional metal braces (because it is invisible!).
- People often find Invisalign to be more comfortable than traditional braces because there are no wires or brackets to irritate the mouth. Invisalign aligners have smooth edges, eliminating the irritation typically associated with braces.
- Invisalign liners can be removed to eat, drink, etc. The removable nature of the aligners also makes it easier to brush and floss than with traditional metal braces.
- With traditional braces, certain foods (such as hard candies and gum) are to be avoided so as not to break the braces or get food stuck in them. With Invisalign, you are free to eat whatever you’d like because the trays are removable.
Invisalign treatment with Atlanta Dental Spa
Dr. Boulden and Dr. Estep are Atlanta Invisalign doctors who love helping people get the smiles they’ve always wanted. To discuss your options for straightening your teeth and/or correcting your bite, call Atlanta Dental Spa and schedule a free consultation.