Buckhead residents looking to create a radiant smile now have Atlanta’s top cosmetic dentists in their backyard! Dr. Peter Boulden and Dr. Susan Estep are bringing their meticulous veneers process to Buckhead with their new office opening in May.
Veneers are a popular way to make your smile whiter and more symmetrical. Buckhead residents considering this cosmetic dentistry option are in good hands with the dentists who won “Best in Show” and “1st Place for Smile Makeovers” in the Academy of Comprehensive Esthetics 2010 International Smile Gallery Competition.
Benefits of Veneers
Porcelain veneers have been used for decades to improve smiles, for a number of reasons:
- Natural-looking: Porcelain closely replicates human enamel because it has the same translucency, which means that light can enter and be reflected back out. Because of the skill required to match the porcelain to the surrounding teeth, only a master ceramist is qualified to create porcelain veneers.
- Strong: Generally made of lithium disilicate glass, porcelain is the strongest dental material available, other than metal. (However, it’s a myth that porcelain is stronger than enamel; any activity that would chip your natural teeth would also break enamel.)
- Long-lasting: With a life of 20 years or longer, porcelain veneers are one of the most durable ways to enhance your smile. Their durability is due in part to the chemical bonding process used to adhere these thin shells of porcelain to your teeth.
One of the potential downsides of traditional veneers is that they usually require some reduction of the underlying tooth, so that your smile doesn’t become overly bulky. However, newer technology has led to the creation of ultra-thin veneers that require no or minimal preparation of the teeth.
In addition to prepless veneers brands such as Lumineers, Buckhead cosmetic dentists Drs. Boulden and Estep have developed a special veneers option called UltraVeneers.
The benefits of no-prep or minimal prep veneers include:
- Minimally invasive: Typically, the dentist only needs to contour the teeth slightly, and usually no anesthetic is necessary.
- Cost: No-prep veneers typically are a less expensive option than traditional veneers or other cosmetic dental procedures.
- Turnaround: Most patients can have their no-prep veneers placed within 72 hours.
Buckhead residents have many options for perfecting their smiles, and cosmetic dentists Drs. Boulden and Estep would be happy to offer a complimentary smile consultation to determine whether veneers are right for you.