Holistic Dentistry Atlanta
What is Holistic (Biologic) Dentistry?
Biological dentistry, also known as holistic dentistry, operates according to the belief system that your teeth are an integral part of your body and hence your overall health, and recognizes that your oral and dental health can have a major influence on other disease processes in your body.
This coordinates very well with the fact that your gum health correlates with that of your overall health too (oral systemic health). The primary aim of holistic & complete health dentistry is to resolve your dental problems while working in harmony with the rest of your body. Makes a lot of sense, right?
Toxic Teeth: Are Mercury Fillings Making You Sick ? Part 1
Toxic Teeth: Are Mercury Fillings Making You Sick ? Part 2
Toxic Teeth: Are Mercury Fillings Making You Sick ? Part 3
- Provide you with an alternative air source and instruct you not to breathe through your mouth
- Use a cold-water spray to minimize mercury vapors
- Upon request, put a dental dam in your mouth so you don't swallow or inhale any toxins. We say on request because some people are claustrophobic.
- Use a high-volume evacuator near the tooth at all times to evacuate the mercury vapor
- Wash your mouth out immediately after the fillings have been removed (the dentist should also change gloves after the removal)
- Immediately clean your protective wear and face once the fillings are removed
- Use micron whole office filtration