- Provide you with an alternative air source and instruct you not to breathe through your mouth.
- Use a cold-water spray to minimize mercury vapors.
- Upon request, put a dental dam in your mouth so you don't swallow or inhale any toxins. This is done by request because some people are claustrophobic.
- Use a high-volume evacuator near the tooth at all times to evacuate the mercury vapor.
- Wash your mouth out immediately after the fillings have been removed.
- Immediately clean your protective wear once the fillings are removed.
- Use micron whole-office filtration.
Holistic Dentistry, also known as Biological Dentistry, operates according to the belief system that your teeth are an integral part of your body and hence your overall health, and recognizes that your oral and dental health can have a major influence on other disease processes in your body. The aim is to promote health and well-being preventatively, rather than just focus on treating diseases. This coordinates very well with the fact that your gum health correlates with that of your overall health too. The primary aim of holistic & complete health dentistry is to resolve your dental problems while working in harmony with the rest of your body. Makes a lot of sense, right?At Atlanta Dental Spa, one of the main reasons we promote porcelain restorations is that studies have shown they are the most biological compatible materials. Atlanta Dental Spa is a 100% mercury free practice. In fact, we remove a lot of old mercury fillings that have broken down and caused splitting of teeth, or are just simply oxidizing in your mouth. The removal process of mercury fillings can be just as toxic as having them placed. In an attempt to thwart the negative effects we:
Toxic Teeth: Are Mercury Fillings Making You Sick ? Part 1
Toxic Teeth: Are Mercury Fillings Making You Sick ? Part 2
Toxic Teeth: Are Mercury Fillings Making You Sick ? Part 3