Dr. Peter Boulden, DMD, FACE, FIADFE, FAGD, FACDS
Dr. Peter Boulden has an extensive and celebrated list of scholastic achievements in his field, beginning with the very prestigious distinction of Fellow to the Academy of Comprehensive Esthetics (now part of Smile Source network) where he also serves as a member on the Advisory Board. The Academy (made up of the most renowned cosmetic dentists in the world) created an extensive, rigorous process to evaluate professionals who are committed to advanced learning, attention to detail, and clinical excellence.
One of only 3 Fellows in the State of Georgia, Dr. Boulden is a master at the relationship between the smile and how it relates to facial symmetry and recently received his Fellowship in the International Academy of Dental Facial Esthetics (so much so that he created an iTunes App).
In the summer of 2011, Dr. Boulden also received his Fellowship to the Academy of General Dentistry.
This is his fourth fellowship, making Dr. Boulden one of the most credentialed cosmetic and general dentists in the world.
Awards & Accolades
- Awarded “BEST OF SHOW” AND “1st Place for Smile Makeovers” in the Academy of Comprehensive Esthetics International Smile Gallery Competition
- WebMD Magazine featured cosmetic Dentist
- Graduate of Bale Doneen Preceptorship- Heart Attack & Stroke Prevention
- Founded the 501c3 charitable foundation called Reason to Smile Foundation
- Fellow & Board member of the prestigious Academy of Comprehensive Esthetics (ACE)
- Fellow of the International Academy of Dental-Facial Esthetics
- Fellow of the Academy of General Dentistry
- Official cosmetic dentist to the 2009 Mrs. Georgia Pageant
- Voted by peers “Top Atlanta Dentists” by Atlanta Magazine every year since it’s inception
- Voted consecutively as “America’s Top Dentist” by national poll
- A participating expert on ABC’s hit TV Show “Extreme Makeover”
- Cosmetic Dentist to Dolvett Quince on NBC’s Biggest Loser Season 12
- 6-Time Award winner for excellence in smile designs and cosmetic dentistry from 2005-2008 from the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry (AACD).
- Sustaining Member of the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry (AACD). Member of the Academy of General Dentistry, Georgia Dental Association, Northern District Dental Society, and Dental Organization for Conscious Sedation (DOCS)
- Dr. Boulden has extensive training from the Bioresearch Corporation for its Joint Vibrational Analysis and training in the Tscan computerized occlusal analysis system. In addition to completing many hours of post-graduate cosmetic education, he also attended comprehensive, hands-on training courses in aesthetic dentistry at the acclaimed Hornbrook Group and Pacific Aesthetic Continuum at the University of the Pacific in San Francisco
- A participating member of the Give Back a Smile Program for domestically abused victims who are in need of dental care
- Founding board member of the American Academy of Oral Systemic Health (AAOSH)
- Has completed a mini-residency in Oral Implantology (over 100 hours of case studies)
- Teaches other dentists the business of dentistry through a podcast called Bulletproof Dental Practice.
- Inventor / Developer of 3 iOS apps
- Botox Charting App – Dr. Boulden does a TON of botox applications, especially for treating TMD and Bruxism (as well as Botox cosmetic for forehead, eyes, etc). This app helps the professional document and chart using the power of an iPad.
- Smile Design Book – Working closely with Dr. Trent Smallwood, a Phoenix cosmetic dentist, Dr. Boulden developed an App to help other cosmetic dentists communicate smile choices when designing smiles for their patients.
- Facial Thirds- Designed on the principles of Leonardo da Vinci. Dr Boulden designed an app that helps determine balance in facial vertical thirds of the face for evaluating harmony and balance. Since the teeth help support the lower third of the face, when they becomes extremely worn down this causes an imbalance (deficient lower third) and can make one look prematurely old.
A native of Atlanta (Marietta, GA), Dr. Peter Boulden received his degree from the University of Virginia and his Doctorate in Dental Medicine from the University of Kentucky College of Dentistry. Performing literally thousands of smile makeovers (porcelain veneers) and cosmetic dental procedures that one can peruse on our website’s smile gallery.
With celebrity clientele and a reputation for jaw-dropping smile transformations, Dr. Boulden is recognized around Atlanta as the "go to" dentist for high-end cosmetic dentistry.
A highly lauded dentist across the country, Dr. Boulden lectures locally and nationally. He characterizes himself as a perfectionist who aims to display his exceptional skills in every patient he sees. "I pride myself on the fact that most of my cosmetic smile transformations come to me by word of mouth referrals."
Married to Emily Dees Boulden in August 2009 in Anguilla. Emily owns the high-end clothing boutique SWANK in Atlanta and Birmingham. Dr. Boulden resides in Sandy Springs and spends his free time with his beautiful bride and three children: Amzie, Atley and Brax. His wife Emily was featured in a new reality show on Lifetime called “Pretty Wicked Moms” and has a new TV show called "Get Swank'd," which debuted in Spring 2015 on the FYI network.
For fun, Dr. B runs adventure / mud races almost every weekend. He loves the feeling of pure adrenaline and constantly is looking for an exciting experience. For example, this summer he is traveling from Colorado to the Oregon coast - on a dirt bike with no paved roads. Kiteboarding is Dr B's favorite leisure sport currently and he claims he's addicted.